Monday, February 4, 2008

Ramblings of a Wife

Journal: We had a great weekend. It's amazing when you actually decide to be happy about life that life is really good. I have been having some issues with Sam being gone so much with his new calling and so I have been getting really grumpy when he is gone. The kids then get grumpy, which makes me more grumpy and then when Sam gets home (the good guy still comes home when he knows what awaits him :) I have had a terrible time and cycle goes on. SO yesterday when we got home from church (an hour after it was over because he remembered he had a meeting after church and we only brought one car) I got the kids all fed lunch when I look over and he is sleeping. I was so ticked because I wanted a nap before he left for 3 hours to go to more meetings because Luke had been up a lot during the night and I was tired. Anyway, after I get lunch cleaned up, he wakes up and gets ready and leaves. By this time I am quite mad. I decide that maybe I should read the Ensign while I nurse Luke since I hadn't read my scriptures yet. And good thing because there are some great articles in there. I realized I was being quite selfish and prideful and like I tell my kids, I am CHOOSING to be mad and upset and I can just as easily (that part I'm working on too) be happy. I want him to be able to serve the Lord and I want to be supportive to him so I better shape up and be a good example to my kids. Needless to say when he got home he had a very happy wife, which means happy kids and we had a great afternoon. My goal is to be so much better and like President Eyring said in the last conference, in speaking of serving, "But it is never going to be easy for you or for those you serve. There will always be pain in service and in the repentance necessary to bring the power of the Atonement to change hearts. That is in the nature of what you are called to do. Think of the Savior, whose service you are in. At what point in His mortal life can you see an instance when it was easy for Him? Did He ask easy things of His disciples then? Then why should it ever be easy in His service or for His disciples?" I liked this quote because it helps me "buck up" and get work, just like Pres. Hinckley said is the best remedy.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Having you been living my life lately??? I realized Sunday night that my bad unhappiness was all my own fault - I hate when that happens. Thank you for the Eyring quote...he is soooo right!

Natalie said...

Thanks Julie1 I think we all need to be reminded of that now and again. I'm so glad you shared your experience.