I read this quote today and man did it change my perspective. It's true, so very true and hopefully now I can remember this perspective as Luke asks for milk for the 16th time, Seth asks for the 13th time why I won't let him play the Wii when his homework isn't done, Kathryn wants to talk to me while I am on the phone, and Sarah is crying for who knows why and wants me to fix it even though I seriously have no idea what to fix. Hope it helps at your house!
INTERRUPTIONS
"When you are exasperated by interruptions, try to remember that their very frequency may indicate the value of your life. Only people who are full of help and strength are burdened by other persons' needs. The interruptions which we chafe at are the credentials of our indispensability. The greatest condemnation that anybody could incur - and it is a danger to guard against - is to be so independent, so unhelpful, that nobody ever interrupts us, and we are left comfortably alone."
-Anonymous
from The Anglican Digest
2 comments:
I read that on 71 Toes and absolutely loved the article...so true!!! Good luck tomorrow with the surgery, Katy has been praying for him at every single prayer. :)
WOW!!! That is an amazing quote. One that I need to read every day. So glad Luke is doing so well.
Post a Comment