Thursday, October 6, 2011

October 1st

Our Sarah turned nine last Saturday and she was so excited.  She wasn't very happy that we "had" to sit and watch General Conference two times that day but her excitement for her presents overruled everything else eventually.  That morning Sam made her her favorite breakfast: crepes with cream cheese filling and raspberries.
 Then for dinner she requested zucchini lasagna (seriously...where did this kids come from) with corn and homemade french bread.

 Here she is posing with her presents.  Our cute, little, old neighbors even brought her over a present.  So sweet!
 For treats she decided on cake pops (which worked out great for me since I needed to practice for the 100 I am making this Saturday)--chocolate with chocolate frosting and dipped in pink chocolate.  She had one candle to blow out because we couldn't figure out how to put 9 in a tiny little cake pop.

Here are 9 things we love about Sarah.
1.  She adores animals completely.
2.  She is our go to it girl and will willingly do what we ask of her.
3.  She loves to put earphones in her ears, crank up the ipod, and sing to her heart's content.  And I have to say she is quite good at it.
4.  She is very studious and always does her homework.
5.  She has a natural talent for writing stories.
6.  People think she is quiet and shy but she can talk your ear off at home.
7.  She works hard does so well practicing her piano.
8.  She loves to sit and read for hours.
9.  She is a great big sister and a great friend.

We love you Sarah!

1 comment:

McClains said...

Oh my gosh...I am THE WORST Aunt ever!! I totally spaced it since I didn't flip my calendar over until October 2nd! Sorry, hopefully she had a good one anyways. =)