We were very lucky this past weekend to have my two youngest sisters come for a visit. The kids have been looking forward to it for a month now and the time finally arrived.
The weather was absolutely beautiful so we took several walks with the kids (and some "adult walks" to the convenience store :). We put a puzzle together and played games.
Friday night was our Stake Family Dance. My sisters were good sports to come with us and we had a blast making some crowns for ourselves and dancing like crazies. So much so that several people asked if they could join our group because we looked like we were having so much fun!
Saturday I took all the girls and went to Chick-Fil-A for a fun date (forgot the camera--dang it!) and Sam took the boys to 5 Guys. We sat and talked and enjoyed hanging out. Then we watched Luke play in his basketball game.
Then it was home to work on "A wee bit o' Scottish on ye plate". My sister Emily for her final in one of her culinary arts class was to prepare (in all it's forms) a scottish meal for at least 6 people. She chose us and we were very excited to help her out :)
We ate bubble and squeak patties for an appetizer, cock a'leekie soup, dundee chops, clapshot, cheddar biscuits, and apple crumble. The kids actually liked most of it and it was super fun to cook in the kitchen with my sisters and enjoy rocking out to some Scottish songs.
The cooks :)
Sunday Natalie had to go home but we had 1/2 a party with Luke so Aunt Emily could be there. We made homemade vanilla ice cream--which he is in love with.
See. That's his I am way excited and can't hardly wait face.
His cute drawing that Aunt Emily made for him.
And we let him open two of his presents. He thought that was pretty cool.
Sunday night Emily and I stayed up to watched the season finale of Downton Abby. Boy were we both ticked at the end (not to mention a crying mess!). Gosh how do they make us so involved in the character's lives. Neither one of us could go to sleep after that we stayed up and talked.
Monday since everyone had the day off, we just hung around and had a good time. Emily and I went on another walk, we took the kids to the dollar movie, and then Emily had to head off. What a great weekend we had. Thanks ladies for coming!!













2 comments:
This was seriously one of the funnest weekends I've had in a long time! Just what I needed too. [: I love you & your family Julie! Thanks for having us. [:
I agree with Emily! I wish I coulda stayed longer though!! :( But thanks for letting us stay! :)
Post a Comment