Saturday, June 22, 2013

A Family "Pet"

Last Saturday Sam took the kids to walk dogs at the animal shelter so I could have the house to myself and finish the 100 Father's Day cupcakes I was making. I had just finished and sat down in the living room when they got back.

Sam and the girls come in and this is how the conversation went:
Sam: "Close your eyes quick!"
Me: "Umm, why?" ( I hate surprises, so naturally I am very wary when he says this)
Girls: "Come on mom just close them. We got a new family pet!!!!"
Me: "Oh no way you didn't and I am definitely not closing my eyes!!!!" (thinking they brought a dog home which they know I would not "appreciate" in any way)
Sam: "Come just close your eyes. The kids want to surprise you."
Me: "NO.WAY."

By this point the boys are tired of waiting and I see them slowly trying to come in the house, from the garage, and trying not to let me see what they are holding. 

Finally Luke gives up and marches into the living holding a snake ( a little garden snake). And boy was I relieved...words do not express how happy I was that they did not bring a dog home and I didn't even mind them all holding a snake in my house!
 They said they were going to put the snake in my face when I closed my eyes. Good thing I didn't because that "appreciation" for no dog and only a snake would of gone right out the window!!!!!
And needless to say the snake when outside and was let go, over the fence, and into the neighbors abandoned yard, never to been seen from again. But they were so thrilled to play a joke on mom!!

No comments: