Friday, August 6, 2010

The Big...30!!

Yep I finally made it.  Now as one of my friends told me, "I am finally in the same decade as everyone else".  Hopefully that's a compliment.  I do have to say that I have been looking forward to this birthday.  It has not bothered me at all turning 30, maybe that's because me, my mom and sister are going to Charleston, SC for a week in September to celebrate (I'll miss you Tara).  That morning started with Sam and Luke making me breakfast, mmmm Pumpkin Pancakes.
(don't mind the messy kitchen, this is how Sam cooks and I have to stay out so I won't bug him :)
I lounged around in the morning, taking a hot bubble bath and reading my book--one of my favorite things to do.  Some friends took me out to lunch and then Sam surprised me and took the rest of the day off to "hang" out with me and work on dinner while the kids went to another friends house to play (thanks heidi that was an awesome present!).  Sam made me ribs for dinner while we had some friends over to celebrate (really to help me eat my cake!!!). I did make my own cake, which I love doing, and it was a Raspberry Limeade Cake from Paula Deen and it was awesome.  I will post it soon on my blog along with the ribs recipe.  Here are some pictures from my day.
(sidenote: Sam loves to take "action" shots as he calls them and they turn out silly sometimes.  The t-shirt is a gag gift from friends and I loved it.  If you don't know Sam rides a scooter to work everyday)

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Happy Birthday, Julie. I can't believe you just turned 30. Not because you're old, but I can't believe all you've accomplished already in life. Happy Birthday.

Sarah said...

Julie...Happy Birthday. I've been meaning to write you since Wednesday. And to celebrate your birthday, Karalenn came to visit that day! :) We even watched our college vhs video of all of us. Very fun! Hope you had a great day.