Last week Kathryn and Sarah got to attend horse camp. They have been anxiously waiting all summer for this event.
We found a wonderful place, just outside of town, that was super reasonable. They earned half of the cost and were so super proud of themselves. They got to go for three days (and I forgot my camera both of the days I stayed to watch and only remembered on the day I couldn't stay--dang it!)
Here Kathryn and her partner are trying to figured out how to put the bridle on all by themselves.
Couldn't quite get it so Hank came to help.
Sarah leading her horse around, warming her up and teaching her to listen to her.
Kathryn with her horse.
Sarah could be found many times just petting her horse and talking to her. That girl just loves those animals. The girls also learned all the body parts of a horse, how to saddle them, how to mount, how to walk, run, and gallop. They also learned how to take care of them and keep them clean. Hank did a fabulous job and the girls absolutely loved it.






No comments:
Post a Comment